Saturday, August 22, 2009

Incident On 22 August 2009

That day was a grand day. A big day. Do you guys know why? Well, it's the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of BOMBA. It's quite strange that the AGM is usually held at the beginning of the year. Well of course that 2009's AGM was over early in the beginning of the year but this AGM is the 2010's AGM. I wondered when I heard of this event which is considered an odd event since I have been in BOMBA for almost 4 years and the first 4 years' AGM was held in January, but this time 2 AGMs are held in a year. I suppose it's the AGM for the year 2010. However, my love for BOMBA makes me feel so excited that finally BOMBA has proven some efficiency after 2 years of obvious downfall. Gladly that the day before I was quite excited and was chatting with an old friend until 2.30 a.m. before I went to sleep. I woke up at 8.15 a.m. and I was surprise to see my handphone clock at this late. Without any delay I quickly went to brush my teeth in addtition of a little washing of course. I feel so bad to be late on such honorable event, I just called my father to buy a few pieces of "kiuh-muih" and ate in my car during the journey to school. At last I reached the school hall at about 8.45.

With great joy I went to search my friends near the Form 3 block which the AGM was about to start. Approximately 9.00 a.m. we went into 3K class and the AGM started. Our off-going President, Cheong Qin Qian started with a short English speech, followed by the afternoon session teacher whom name I had forgotten, and in addition with a nice speech from our beloved Mr. Victor, Nan Hwa's morning session History teacher. Well, what more? Hey!! You idiot? Of course it continued with election of next year's AJKs. But first, Miss Cheong announced the President of the year 2010. As I expected she was Wong Shin Yie. She delivered a very fluent English speech which impressed me that she wasn't holding any notes in her hand and her pronunciation was absolutely perfect for debate. After this, the election began. First, it was the nomination of candidate from Form 1, 3 and 4. How about Form 2 and Form 5? Well, Form 2 had only 2 attendance whereas Form 5 is gonna leave. So? Is it clear? We had a great time not by naming people but by choosing. Actually I did named someone Form 3 but the situation went bad when I was nominated. So unfortunate isn't it? Well of course after the nomination the candidate had to come out infront to introduce themselves. They all tried their best but when it came to me, I just said 2 sentences in chinese which sounds like this in English : " My name is not important, never to choose me will be your best choice.". Cool right? Although it's a bit stupid and folly cause that only caught more attention, I had showed my determination not to hold any post. The election ended with the collection of all the votes from the present member.

I thought the winds that chilled my spine had blown away, but it turned out to be more complicated. Those who were nominated must stay late or you may say not to go home as usual. What's the reason? Well, we had to fill a form. Strange and unusual form. However I filled it without any suspect plus I filled it in the most hilarious way I could possibly fill. It followed by interview!!! Oh my God!! I was just a poor guy which required rest and this interview idea was nothing meaningful to me but a waste of time. However, I tried to collaborate with the authority. I waited and waited until I couldn't wait there because I had to go to take photo behind the school for the uses of "Sivik Folio". I passed up the form and requested to go out for awhile. I also told Jie See that I was in a hurry that I needed to go home as fast as possible because I am really tired and I needed to rest. After I came back, I requested to be interviewed next as I had no interest to hold any post. When Jie See came out to call the candidates to be interviewed I asked her if it was my turn. However she called me to wait and she called the others. Again after she came out I was notified to wait somemore. I suppose all candidate must wait their turn. So I patiently waited for my turn. It's kinda strange that everytime I requested to be the next, others were called, until I was fed out to ask that I just wait there without question.

I became so frustrated that when it left 3 of us, I stand at the back door of 3J class (class for interview) starring the interview of others although the 4 of them ( Qin Qian, Shin Yie, Jie See and Yuan Soon) shouldn't be observed during the interview. Finally, I was the last so I entered the class with frustration and anger. I was most shocked and astonished by the question they ( 2 of them only, Qin Qian and Shin Yie) asked me. They asked me something or some personal problems between Qin Qian and I which we had already solved long time ago. I were tired, surprised, and pressurized during the "judgement". The way they questioned me made me feel as if I was questioned like a fugitive or a prisoner which committed a crime. I feel the same way when I was questioned by my father when I was still a child where I cried when my toys were torn. The cry was like a sorrow which couldn't be explained through words but I was forced to answer with silence. That's the feeling that ran through my soul during the "judgement". There were many things that I couldn't explaine in a blink of eye which required a lot of thinking and explanation that might be wrong or misleading severely if I answered without detail thinking. Finally the interview ended with her notification of my action wasting their time. I was very very frustrated that after I reached home at approximately 1.30 p.m. I straight typed a letter with such anger and hatred, I sent it to Jie See's house accompanied by Hong Le in order to be redelivered by Jie See to Qin Qian since Qin Qian didn't reply my SMS requesting her e-mail address. I as well disappointed of the new President because by my impression of her overwhelming performance, I thought she would be rational enough to differentiate between personal issue and official issue. To understand more of the factor of this incident, read the letter which I wrote, being posed later on. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment