Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Letter Which I Spoke Of Earlier

To Cheong Qin Qian:


First of all, I would want to ask that why I was named as a candidate. I was shocked to see my name there. Who is the one who name me? I was wandering was it you who named me. I thought we had got along a long time ago. I thought peace and harmony between us have been achieved. And today (22 August) I just come to school to attend the Annual General Meeting as a responsibility of a normal member to choose my future leader and to honor the ceremony of such important event to BOMBA. So unfortunately, that I was not here to choose but to be chosen. Yes that I as a human must not lie to my ally that I did said before that I will become a better president of BOMBA compared to you. As I told you already that it was my strategy to give you pressure on such occasion that there is a member react so aggressively to your mistake (or it maybe I who are mistaken). It is just an effort to make you improve. So it seems like the results is totally not as I anticipated. I foresee that your effort to silence me is to make your leadership perfect until I cant say anything. But it seems now that I was wrong.


Back to the main problem. During the interview, you asked me whether I am a responsible member, and I said no. The main reason is that I failed to do my duty that time you asked me to go GO march. I was mad that time that before GO march we go for school level march during sports day, and we missed a lot of classes. Still remember that Chang Koon, Tiang, and I show our objection to cancel our involvement in marching because we care much of our study. Our such choice which choose academic before co-curriculum makes you more qualified to become the president I think. And that time you said that if we don’t want we must tell you earlier. So when GO march request came, we told you that since last time you told us that we can ignore it if we ignore early early during our first notification. We did so but you said we can’t and we must involve. We were so frustrated that after what you said in the past doesn’t work. Well, I am sure you remember that I was the first one to turn my back on you and left. By the way, what’s a responsible member? I try my best to march my best. I try hardest to straighten my arm during “sedia” and “jalan kaki” stat. I try my best to walk nice nice but there are many confused order during the march. I know the right one but with all around me doing the wrong one plus the Form 3 commander didn’t correct them. Many commanders are so soft in sound. The timing won’t come out form us without some punishment. So unfortunately, the commanders are kinda like messing around, spending their time that even many were wrong weren’t punished. I am undoubtly the first one to say “aye!” to run 10 rounds in field as punishment, but the commanders only meant to frighten us and the trick doesn’t seems work. If I were the president I would have all those commanders round the hall as a good example. And some commander (one of my closest friend) even said that I should follow the others or adapt the wrong style as they do wrong because that would be showing some unity. It’s like calling me not to tuck my shirt because more than 50% boys don’t do so. So I am indefinitely not a good member, but just now you said as if BOMBA had been becoming this bad because of my involvement. Is there no other member worse than me?


Besides, I feel sad everytime I miss BOMBA so I had never missed any meeting all these years. By the way, I did attend any telematch and camp without any hesitation. I wanna learn how to be a real BOMBA member (know how to put out a fire) although I wasn’t serious when I chose BOMBA when I was Form 1. So I never miss any camp hoping we would be thought how to handle such disaster if there is any surprising fire in school. It’s such a shame that I as a kadet BOMBA, I never use any fire extinguisher before. We only learn theory which is useless because we can learn that in KHB or Chemistry. By the way, today I was named to be a candidate of being an AJK or more, but I really don’t have the will to do it. Maybe you may think that I am a coward who doesn’t even dare to speak in front of you, but I apply to be an AJK during Form 1 and Form 2. All I want is to experience the responsibility and to get experience which is enough to carry me to become the president of BOMBA in the future. My failure had led me to frustration because I wasn’t well known even among my own Form member. I had killed my will to hold such responsibility since then. That’s the reason I refuse to answer your question this afternoon (it was almost 1.00 p.m.). One more thing, you said : “Let’s don’t waste time since you don’t want to answer”. Those words really make me mad. I was surprisingly named during the election and further more I already told all the members not to choose me, plus what I wanted was to attend the ceremony and go back home to enjoy my holiday as soon as possible. I tried many times asking Jie See when was my turn and she replied was to ask me to wait.. wait… wait…. I thought we cant enter unless you approved us to be interviewed. So I waited because Jie See also didn’t call me. I am suppose to go back at 10 a.m. like all other member, but I can only go at approximately 1.15 p.m. You wasted me 3 hours of waiting. Who was wasting time after all? By the way, how many members are there? How many attended this AGM? Those who didn’t are responsible member? So here I question your definition of a responsible member.


You asked me what’s my view of a good president for I think I am better than you. First, I said that just to give u pressure as I told earlier. Although I just know how to talk, or criticize, but I do have some view of what’s a good president, that your weakness is that you are not good in controlling your “anak buah”. Your leadership is here by being questioned. And one more thing, you and Shin Yie (the new president) said that I only know how to talk and busy criticize but I didn’t prove my idea through my action. Hey!!! Must the public (citizen of a country) able to form a far better government in order to criticize to the government? What would you feel if you have an opinion or a comment about the government, and u said it but the government reply you : “If you so intelligent you come and form a government see loh!!” What would you feel? This tyranny, the government’s irresponsibility in their reply that they try to silence you instead of solving the problem. Yet again here by I question your responsibility as a president.You as a president should act more noble and rational than a talkative member. You are metaphor as the government and I as the public. Your duty is to satisfy the public, not to silence them. Enough for today. I am tired. I believe you get this from Jie See because I can’t find another way to give it to you during the holiday. Have a nice holiday.


From: Max Pang Sin Yang

(The most frustrated man in Nan Hwa, more frustrated than Adolf Hitler, I am a

man who will cause evil if tempted.)


[For those who wish to leave a comment, please comment in my hotmail address, maxpang@live.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment